Laboratory Testers - Sample Preparation & Weighing
Advertiser: APAL Agricultural LaboratoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Various Full Time Fixed Term Roles 3, 4 & 5 months in Duration.
APAL Agricultural Laboratory is South Australia’s only independent and fully Australian owned agricultural soil and plant tissue testing laboratory. Located in our facility in Hindmarsh Adelaide, APAL provides laboratory testing services to clients throughout Australia.
APAL continues to experience solid business growth and during our seasonal busy period there will be opportunities for Fixed Term Laboratory Testers in our Sample Preparation & Weighing areas. Some prior experience in such a laboratory role is desirable, but not essential.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Be prepared to perform physically demanding work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess good computer skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Reliable, responsible and punctual
- Be available to work on a roster with hours that may vary from Monday to Saturday and from 7am to 11pm
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Have a preparedness to work with soils and plant tissue, and be involved in handling, drying, weighing and grinding processes
- An interest in science and/or agriculture
These positions are intended to provide additional support to the business during the peak period with starting dates for these roles in December & January. The fixed term positions are full time and may require shiftwork. Successful applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in Australia.
We encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences. Please apply through seek and include a cover letter and CV sighting reference A2020-OCT1 and include details of two referees by close of business Friday, 13 November 2020.
Assistance from agencies is not required at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?