NSW Operations Manager | General Insurance
Advertiser: Gallagher Bassett3.0575 out of 53.1 overall rating (87 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Base + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Management
Responsible for leading the General Insurance Operation in NSW, this role focus is to inspire, motivate and support the operational leadership team to achieve business unit goals.
You will add value to Gallagher Bassett across the following:
- Working in collaboration with the General Insurance leadership team to develop, implement and monitor the annual business plan and ensure alignment to the GB Aus Dominant Priorities
- Drive the leadership team to the positive achievement of financial results
- Identify and mitigate risks within the business unit
- Driving operational business plans and associated service standards
- Developing and leading projects to improve operational performance & efficiencies
- Provide effective coaching and feedback to leaders on technical and performance related issues
- Lead and mentor direct reports and providing them with coaching to ensure they reach their full potential
- Work with Business Unit Leaders to identify skills and knowledge gaps and foster a team environment of collaborative knowledge sharing and service orientated culture
- Encourage creativity, innovation and continuous improvement within the operations;
- Monitor team and individual performance against agreed KPIs
- Provide strategic direction whilst leading and inspiring the Operations Team to ensure delivery of targets
- Ensure a focus on continuous improvement in all operational recommendations;
- Manage day to day operations of the team ensuring compliance with the Business Model, whilst maintaining high client service standards
- Previous experience in a similar role across Claims Management / General Insurance
- At least 5 years Management experience
- Proven capability of successfully Managing and developing teams
- Knowledge of general business and administrative practices and managing cost effective business activities
- Experience in finance and resource management to achieve the financial results for their business unit
- Experience in analysing statistical information Strong people management background and the ability to drive high-performing business units
- Excellent General Insurance claims knowledge & technical skills
- Managerial report writing experience
If you live our values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can not only offer you great career opportunities, but on a day-to-day you’ll experience the following:
- Truly flexible work hours
- State-of-the-art operating systems and technology
- Staff referral incentive
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development
- Service recognition awards
- Employee assistance program for yourself and immediate family members
A brief overview on GB:
Gallagher Bassett is Australia's largest Third Party Administrator (TPA). Our focus is refreshingly simple: we manage insurance claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured corporations.
Gallagher Bassett (GB) has six offices in Australia located in Northern Territory, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and employing over 1000 staff.
GB values its employees and offers a friendly, comfortable working environment that facilitates a Work and Life Balance!
If this sounds interesting to you – we want to connect!
If you think you can make a positive difference to our business please apply - we want to hear from you today!
Only people with the right to work in this country will be considered for this position.