Advertiser: APAL Agricultural LaboratoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Various Full Time Fixed Term Roles 3, 4 & 5 months in Duration.
APAL Agricultural Laboratory is South Australia’s only independent and fully Australian owned agricultural soil and plant tissue testing laboratory. Located in our facility in Hindmarsh Adelaide, APAL provides laboratory testing services to clients throughout Australia.
APAL continues to experience solid business growth and during our seasonal busy period there will be opportunities for Fixed Term Laboratory Technicians in our wet chemistry area. Some prior experience in such a laboratory role is desirable, but not essential.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Displays good laboratory practice, very precise but can work fast paced
- Ability to focus on given tasks without distraction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess good computer skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Reliable, responsible and punctual
- Be available to work on a roster with hours that may vary from Monday to Saturday and from 7am to 11pm
- Willingness to learn and develop
- An interest in science and/or agriculture
These positions are intended to provide additional support to the business during the peak period with starting dates for these roles in December & January. The fixed term positions are full time and may require shiftwork. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in Australia.
We encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences. Please apply through seek sighting reference A2020-OCT2 and include a cover letter and CV including details of two referees by close of business Friday, 13 November 2020.
Assistance from agencies is not required at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?