Sport and Recreation Officer
Advertiser: City of Wodonga4.2857 out of 54.3 overall rating (7 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Albury Area
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Working with Wodonga Council
- $79,899 per annum plus superannuation
- Full time, 3 year contract
- Work alongside people who are passionate about our city and helping the community
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a variety of programs which reflect the priorities of the council’s strategies relating to participation in sport, leisure, fitness and physical activity across the community.
The position will participate in the development and implementation of recreation policies, strategies and programs and implement processes that facilitate community activation and participation. The Sport and Recreation Officer will also focus on the role of physical activity in preventive health across the Wodonga community with the aim of creating improved and equitable health outcomes.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships.
We are seeking a passionate sport and recreation professional who has experience in providing input and advice into policy and strategy formulation.
You will have well-developed communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
If you’re motivated and have a proactive nature, good prioritisation skills and experience in identifying, developing and implementing projects at a community level, you have the ability to succeed in this role.
You will also be able to demonstrate the below Key Selection Criteria.
- Tertiary qualifications in recreation or a related field, along with relevant workplace experience.
- Experience in providing input and advice into policy and strategy formulation used to develop program plans and implement activities.
- Well-developed communication skills, with proven ability to effectively engage and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in identifying, developing and implementing projects at a community level that align with and meet key business goals and priorities.
- Demonstrate a motivated and proactive nature with the ability to set priorities, manage time and work effectively to achieve outcomes within set timeframes.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the past three months) National Police Check and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
To apply visit www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; applications close on Sunday, November 1, 2020.