Trainee Visitor Centre Officer
Advertiser: Cessnock City CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for tourism in the Hunter Valley, this is the role for you!
Council is currently seeking a Trainee Visitor Centre Officer to provide effective and efficient tourism services and information to the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre visitors and stakeholders, while ensuring the highest standard of customer service. During this traineeship, you will also be required to complete the required studies for your Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism.
The position is a 2 year temporary opportunity.
As a member of the Economic Development and Visitor Information Centre team you will also be required to:
- Provide high quality customer service to all stakeholders including members of the public, tourism operators, and government authorities;
- Process the sales of merchandise and other fees and charges within Hunter Valley Visitor Centre. Respond to telephone, social media & email enquiries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Undertake general administration duties such as filing, preparation of correspondence, preparation of promotional materials, preparation of reports and submissions and maintaining and ordering stocks of promotional material and merchandise; and
- Assist with the preparation of daily reconciliation and merchandise transactions whilst maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality and security.
- Minimum completion of Year 10 or equivalent with passes in English and the ability to undertake a Certificate IV Traineeship in Travel and Tourism (studying online);
- Genuine interest in Tourism and Customer Service;
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office, email and internet;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and
- Demonstrated positive attitude to teamwork, willingness to learn, and demonstrated initiative.
Trainee Rates as per the Local Government (State) Award 2020 plus 9.5% superannuationBenefits:
- 2 Year Temporary Opportunity
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Supportive learning environment
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Who to Contact:
Melissa George, Visitor Centre Coordinator on 02 4993 6710How to Apply: Click "Apply for this job"
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.