Quality & Technical Department Head
Advertiser: Source Food & DrinkMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- $90,000 - $119,999 + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Quality Assurance & Control
Founded in 2007 Source Food has experienced steady phenomenal growth that has positioned us as Australia’s dominant supplier of a diverse range of exceptional quality products across Bakery, Dairy and Freezer categories, ranged nationally through leading supermarket chains and food service.
As a result of continued growth and expansion an exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced QA Department Head to spearhead our QA Department and contribute to the growth of our business.
Having launched over 20 new SKU’s this year we are really excited about the continued growth of Source Food. This opportunity will see the successful candidate managing a small team and taking responsibility of all aspects within the Quality/Technical Department whilst playing an instrumental role in the growth of Source Food.
Core requirements of the role are:
- Tertiary qualification in food science or related discipline
- In-depth understanding and interpretation of FSANZ and food regulations with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Formal HACCP Training and food quality systems experience
- Recent and strong experience applying for and managing Import Permits.
- Dealings with Government Departments and bodies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with food specification software and systems
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be well organised and efficient with the ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm
- Possess the ability to take ownership of projects through to completion and work comfortably within tight deadlines
- Possess good IT skills.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Be able to manage a small team
Responsibilities (generally, but not limited to) are:
- Liaise with relevant supplier technical teams
- Develop and review technical specifications
- Manage the companies Quality System and WQA, HACCP, GFSi and other quality standards.
- Maintain Supplier Approval Program
- Ensuring compliance with documentation and labeling
- Ensuring product information, specifications and documentation are up to date
- Coordination of internal product assessment programs
- Product packaging and artwork approvals to ensure compliance.
What's in it for you:
- No manufacturing site to manage
- Certified Supplier role, documentation only
- Attractive Salary package in a dynamic and growing business
- On site parking and easy access to roads and rail
If this sounds like your next career move then we would love to hear from you! We are a small friendly team that strive towards improvement and innovation. Please apply directly through the link provided and provide a cover letter as to why you feel that this would be the right role for you.
Apply for this job
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in a quality assurance (QA) role?
- Have you completed a qualification in food science?
- Have you completed a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Awareness training course?