NDIS Support Coodination Caseworker
Advertiser: Accessible Diversity Services Initiative LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $70,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Accessible Diversity Services Initiative Limited (ADSI) is a community based, non-profit organisation established to promote the principles of multiculturalism, access, equity and social justice. It is committed for developing strategies which address the needs of all Australians, especially special needs groups such as refugees, women, youth, children, families, the elderly, the unemployed, the homeless and people with a disability.For more information, please visit www.adsi.org.au
Qualifications & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapist
- 2-year or more paid experience with a NDIS service provider or similar
- Knowledge of the NDIS service model and ability to attract/retain Support Coordination participants
- Ability to interpret services, negotiate with clients and implement individual plans
- Demonstrated case management experience obtained from electronic platforms
- Sound time management skills to prioritise workload in a busy and changing environment
- Proven skills to keep records and report timely and accurately
- High English proficiency, both verbal and written
- Current National Police Check (Paid Worker) Clearance + Current NSW Working with Children Check (Paid Worker) Clearance
- Ability to speak a community language, such as Mandarin/Cantonese/Vietnamese or both or all.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide NDIS support coordination to participants to identify and plan strategies to achieve their personal goals as specified in their NDIS plans, within a person-centred framework
- Liaises with carers, families and significant others involved in providing care, including specialist generic agencies and other mainstream service providers
- Support participants in facilitating their independence by enabling empowerment and choice, and the promotion of personal resilience and social inclusion
- Support participants to be implement their NDIS plan to maximise the value for money they receive from their supports
- Assist and coach participants on how to utilise the NDIS participant portal to make service bookings and changes, empowering participant choice and control
- Develop trusting, positive and professional relationships with Participants and service provider
- Conduct community presentations to raise awareness of the NDIS, including people with a disability in mainstream support
- Maintain accurate records timely in the case management system and provide progress reports and annual reports, strictly adhere to the ADSI Standards and/or P&P
- Remuneration is in accordance with SCHADS Award 2010 Paypoint 4
- Work mobile and tablet provided
- Permanent position after satisfactory probation
- Access to the Team bonus system
- In addition, ADSI provides above award working conditions including 35hpw for full timers and generous salary packaging up to $15,900 pa to increase the value of take-home pay.
- No official close date, please apply ASAP when this opportunity still exists with your CV and a statement addressing Qualifications & Experience above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?