Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Other
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
About the role
This Rostering Specialist role reports into the Operational Test Manager which is responsible for enabling a test workforce to meet the test regime across the project lifecycle. This role requires experience in train operations and or in railway test environments to coordinate, roster and ensure that the test schedule is met with the required resources at the required timeframes with the appropriate support staff being available to test over a long test period. Management of mobilising test workforces ensuring that the expected numbers of ground staff are backfilled, available, rostered, trained and ready to test. Most importantly delivering this ensuring it is all done whilst complying with Enterprise Agreements and safety and fatigue management plans.
You will be required to provide comprehensive rostering to ensure the resource requirements for the operational testing phase of this project are adequately met. Other duties will include:
• Manage the resource pipeline and monitoring of Test and Commission staff competence for testing
• Recruit testers to backfill the resource plan pipeline over the project lifecycle.
• Develop test rosters that comply with Metro employees Enterprise Agreements.
• Plan for numbers and determine lead times of both operations and maintenance test crews.
• Smooth rostering with test schedule wherever possible.
• Ensure that all test crews have the appropriate compliance and accreditations to be in the field testing.
• Work with test crews to help establish a workable roster for testing.
• Monitor and manage the people aspects of Testing including competency, mobilisation, rostering, ensuring all compliance with the Enterprise Agreements of Metro employees.
You will need to be highly organised and be able to manage multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities. The ability to communicate across multiple platforms and the following experience will be beneficial:
• Expertise & experience in rail and or safety critical operational testing and implementation.
• Experience rostering resources across an enterprise level project or program of work.
• Evidence of working in high pressured and demanding environments.
• Stakeholder engagement skills as well as being a skilled collaborator.
• Creative in thinking supporting Metro in (culture and values) ensuring content supports and resonates their transformation narrative.
• Delivery focused looking for fit for purpose, pragmatic and efficient ways to deliver content.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.