Administration Assistant - Contacts
Advertiser: Verto4.3478 out of 54.3 overall rating (23 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Administrative Assistant - Newcastle
Due to the growth in demand for our Apprenticeship Services we are looking to fill a position of Administration Assistant in our Newcastle office This role will provide general administrative support, internal & external customer service and contribute to the smooth and effective running of the AASN service.
About the role
- Assign, conduct and report on the Progress of Australian apprenticeships
- Ensure contractual compliance of record keeping processes and administration.
- Manage internal and external enquiries and provide accurate information by phone or in written form
- Provide timely and accurate data and reports
- Making direct contact with Apprentices and Trainees to ensure they have what they need for a successful outcome - Via Phone, Email and SMS
- Record any contact in the database associated
- Track and follow up on the progress of Apprentices and Trainees at various points.
- Ensure information held is UpToDate and make changes as necessary
- Develop relationships with State Authority
- Identify those who may need follow up support and referral to specialist services.
- Be part of a larger team
- Will include data entry
About you......you will have
- Experience and knowledge of the apprenticeship administration environment
- High attention to detail and a quality approach when working in the areas of data entry, file administration and record keeping.
- Experience in a high volume, target driven environment
- A strong customer service approach and a professional manner with well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive and positive manner
- High level of organisational and time management skills ensuring deadlines are effectively met
- Effective administrative skills and computer literacy including Outlook, Excel and databases
- VET experience will be highly regarded
VERTO is a not-for-profit organisation located in over 40 sites across the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales and Victoria. With over 35 years’ experience, we provide a variety of services and community programs to help individuals and communities in the apprenticeship, community, employment and training services sectors. We also offer a range of bespoke programs to help some of the most vulnerable people in our community including Aboriginal, disability and tenancy services.
Benefits and Culture
- An attractive remuneration package (including base salary, superannuation and access to salary packaging)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A supportive team and a positive work environment
How to Apply
To apply please click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application should consist of a tailored resume to suit this role including contact details for two work referees.
VERTO is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from culturally diverse backgrounds including Indigenous Australians.
Require further information
Closing Date: 9am Monday 2nd November 2020