Civil Designer - AutoCAD & 12d Model
Advertiser: Michael Bale & Associates Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
We are a rapidly expanding Gold Coast based structural and civil engineering consultancy, committed to providing our clients with personal service and optimised engineering solutions. With a reliable and growing client base and backlog of projects we require the immediate start of an experienced Civil Designer in a permanent full time position.
Our project types and sizes are highly variable. Our core civil engineering services include master planning advice and development application support (concept designs, costing options, management plans and flood assessments), as well as detailed design for construction of civil infrastructure. We also offer construction phase advice, certification and contract administration.
The Civil business unit is closely interfaced with the Structural team, with many projects involving a collaborative delivery effort to support our client's requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in the delivery of civil engineering elements for a variety of projects, ranging from high density urban infill to large residential subdivisions.
The Civil Designer will be predominantly responsible for the delivery of 12d model design and AutoCAD drawings, as well as management of the software systems, document control and quality assurance.
Working closely with the Senior Civil Designer and with technical support as required, the successful applicant must be able to work independently and confidently in the development of optimal solutions and alternatives to civil engineering problems.
The professional we seek will have a competent level of knowledge and experience in civil engineering design and documentation, attained over a 5+ year full-time period. This must include a strong background in stormwater design, roadworks, earthworks, water sensitive urban design as well as underground civil infrastructure services (water and sewer).
To be eligible for this position you should have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years full-time experience in a civil design role, preferably including work in South-East Queensland.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering (preferred but not mandatory).
Required Minimum Capabilities
Only applicants with the following proven experience and capabilities should apply:
- Advanced ability to prepare engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Advanced ability to utilize 12d Model for roadworks, earthworks and underground pipework design
- Knowledge of relevant engineering Australian Standards and South-East Queensland Local Government Planning Scheme Policies.
- Awareness of the commercial aspects of projects and a client focus.
- Ability to communicate clearly, particularly through the preparation of engineering drawings.
Culture & Benefits
Our company boasts an energetic, motivating, and high performing team culture that rewards the input of its employees. Our office is centrally based on the Gold Coast and we are a friendly, social group of professionals that enjoy a challenge and appreciate work/life balance.
We support professional development and provide a training and support structure tailored to the needs/ambitions of the individual.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the individual's capabilities and experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?