Finance OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
This household brand in the entertainment industry is looking for a dynamic allrounder to join the team and assist across various divisions in an entry level role. We are a high performing team looking for someone that has outstanding communication skills, attention to detail and a strong yet practical work ethic. In return we offer you a company where you can carve out a future in any number of areas and build an exciting finance career.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery and day to day functions of the finance team.
- Generate system reports and reconciling sales
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Assist with fortnightly forecasting of business unit P&Ls
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Post adjustments and payments to ledgers and other records
- Research and resolve discrepancies
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Promptly deal with all queries, including those concerning internal and external clients
- Other ad-hoc accounting work as required.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Possess the ability to meet deadlines and successfully prioritise workload
- Have a strong customer service ethic and level of accountability for meeting the needs of stakeholders
- Display poise, energy, and a personality that will allow you to thrive in our fast paced environment
- Be a problem solver for the business and happy to take on any task, big or small
- Be solution oriented, able to apply relevant context to reach appropriate decisions
- Act as the first point of contact and a key influencer across the business
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field;
- Understanding the basics of accounting process and procedures;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including medium level excel skills
- Strong financial literacy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?