Safeworking Rail Administrator
Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Rail & Maritime Transport
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro is looking for a motivated & committed safeworking person who is flexible, proactive and has a good attention to detail, to work closely with our Rail Safety Manager in our Infrastructure team.
This role will require a team player who builds strong relationships with our stakeholders and is able to demonstrate a solid work ethic and support the Rail Safety Manager and the greater teams, while meeting deadlines and deliver expectations.
• Issue Occupation & Safeworking information for all Infrastructure occupations
• Prepare documents for review and endorsement by the Rail Safety Manager
• Assist Rail Safety manager with driving improvements with occupation protection to reduce money and improve safety
• Ensure Occupation & Safeworking information is planned and delivered
• Works closely with the Rail Safety Manager to ensure all team emails are actioned
• Assist Rail Safety Manager with the development of Safety Bulletins
• Assist Rail Safety Manager with rail safety investigations, as required
• Co-ordinate and assist with on-site visits to perform safeworking risk assessments on upcoming occupations
• Monitor conformance of information through the Metro ARMS system
• Drive continuous improvement strategies and process improvements
• Adhere to and support compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements
• Effective stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Effective organisational and time management skills
• High level of communication skills, both orally and in writing
• High level of experience in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
This role will be essential part of providing a conduit between the day and night teams and ensuring the works and documentation run smoothly and efficiently.
The hours of work will be Sunday – Thursday 2pm - 10pm (desirable).
To be successful you will be required to hold a Safeworking 3.2 certificate or similar experience with a good understanding of works planning.
This role will provide governance of the proposed protection controls and issue circulars in relation to all upcoming Infrastructure disruptive occupations
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Applications close on Sunday 1st November at 5pm.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.