Animal Care Attendant and Administration Assistant
Advertiser: Animal Welfare League QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
We are one of Australia's leading and largest animal welfare organisations. We are committed to creating lasting changes for animals in our society through innovative national initiatives. Our four Rehoming Centres care for more than 10,000 abandoned and homeless animals every year and thousands more are saved through our Community Vet Clinics. Our staff are passionate about animals and have dedicated their careers to veterinary medicine and animal welfare.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate, motivated and organised individual to deliver effective care to the animals at our Gold Coast Rehoming Centre Clinic, while also providing timely and accurate clinic administration and scheduling support.
- Providing a high standard of animal care
- Maintaining and cleaning of animal housing
- Sterilising and maintaining Veterinary equipment
- Administering medications and following animal treatment plans
- Data entry and reception duties
- Strong Customer Service
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with disease management
If you have had previous experience within a Veterinary Clinic or have recently completed a certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing and are looking to gain experience in a clinical setting we would love to hear from you.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous animal industry experience in a similar capacity, ideally in a Veterinary Clinic
- Ability to handle strong dogs and nervous cats
- Strong computer literacy across a range of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite, Practice Management Software- Required
- Cert II Companion Animals or Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing – Required
- Customer Service and computer based experience - Required
- Monday to Friday with flexible availability to assist weekends and public holidays as required
- National police Clearance certificate – Required
- Shelter Buddy System knowledge – Highly Regarded
- 2 years+ experience working with dogs and cats - Highly Regarded
How to Apply:
Please Apply via SEEK with your CV and Selection Criteria Response.
AWLQ would like to thank all applicants for applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Award Rates apply
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?