Senior Human Resources Officer
Advertiser: Apunipima Cape York Health CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
38 Hours per Week, Full Time Permanent
Salary range from $85,288 to $94,426
Based in Cairns Servicing Cape York
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is an community controlled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Service that provides primary health care services across 11 Cape York Communities, including clinical and non-clinical services. The Apunipima head office is located in Cairns.
The Senior HR Officer delivers operational Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety services to the organisation, to operationalise and implement Apunipima's workforce strategy, associated frameworks and systems in a culturally appropriate way, and build local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander leadership and workforce capacity.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent experience in a generalist Human Resources operational position
- Experience managing complex employee matters including, but not limited to, unfair dismissal and adverse action claims, performance management, misconduct and grievances
- Experience providing comprehensive advice to managers and employees based on legislation, case law, industrial instruments and best practice
- Experience guiding and coaching managers to develop employees and drive performance in order to achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience in implementing workforce planning and development strategy (preferably as it applies to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander workforce) and/or HR initiatives within the workplace
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community control
- Blue Card (Working with Children Card)
The filing of this position is specified and applicants are required to provide a written reference from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who can attest to the applicant's background, knowledge and skills as they relate to the following capabilities:
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs.
The written reference should be attached as an additional page to the cover letter.
Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are exempt from this requirement.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Now button below. You will be required to respond to screening questions as part of your application. Applications close on 1 November 2020.
For more information and to view the position description, visit http://www.apunipima.org.au/work-for-us, or contact Courtney Peck, Workforce Manager, via Courtney.email@example.com or 07 4037 7291.
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is an equal opportunity employer
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.