Advertiser: Target3.146 out of 53.1 overall rating (911 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Target Australia Pty Ltd
Who are We?
At Target, we believe a better life is one that’s lived, not with more things, but with things that mean more. A life where quality is always valued over quantity. Where beauty is born from style and substance in equal measure. A better way of life, that’s within easy reach of all. That’s why everything from the products we make to the experience we create is crafted with intention and a single purpose to inspire families to live better.
What will you do?
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant who will encompass ownership over the financial accounting function pertaining to: IT, Intercompany and Target Asia Consolidation, to control the integrity of the reported financial results and distribution of accurate reporting to guide decision making in line with Target’s strategy.
- Manage the accounting and month end reporting for the IT team, Target Asia team and Intercompany transactions in line with timetable requirements, including being the key contact person for guidance and support
- Advise the accounting treatment on new initiatives and projects and provide assistance on accounting policy and procedures
- Responsible for project accounting including setup, maintenance, capitalisation, review and closure of IT projects
- Produce and distribute reporting to key stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of half year and year end audit and reporting requirements
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce or related discipline
- Post Graduate qualifications in CPA/CA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience accounting in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated competence in disciplines of accounting principles and numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of accounting processes, Australian Accounting standards, financial and KPI reporting
- Experience using SAP and TM1 an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and commentate on reporting to guide decision making
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and experience, our people work together and champion the Target values and behaviours. We are a business where our values and people matter, and we need like-minded people to join us!
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team
What will you get?
- A salary package .
- Vehicle leasing opportunities.
- Discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers’ brands.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant who will encompass ownership over the financial accounting function pertaining to: IT, Intercompany and Target Asia Consolidation.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.