Business Development ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $75,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
- Interesting and challenging position in a pleasant environment
- Permanent full-time position with tremendous potential for personal development
- Be part of a successful International Freight Forwarding team
- Growth and Promotion Opportunities
- Opportunity to share in Company profits after one year of employment
With over 30 years of experience in Australia, Fracht Australia offers worldwide airfreight, seafreight, logistics and distribution services - import and export - door to door - from its offices located in all major gateways in Australia. Its Swiss shareholder, Fracht Ltd is one of Switzerland's leading and most respected international logistics providers with offices and joint ventures in most important trade centres all over the world.
Fracht Australia is an International Freight Forwarder where performance is greatly prized. You, your contributions and your commitment will mainly define your career development. Fracht Australia is seeking to appoint a person who will be integral to its on-going success.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated team player to help expand our growing organisation in our Sydney office in Banksmeadow in the role of Business Development Manager with special focus on the Latin American Market.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Total customer satisfaction – visiting regular and prospective clients to establish and act on selling opportunities. Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with service provided, ensuring complete satisfaction after delivery of their goods and resolving any problems that may have arisen.
- Excellent rapport with all clients, team members and shareholders – assessing customers needs, recommending and explaining our services to them. Promoting our services on a daily basis to as many people as possible.
- Quoting, negotiating prices and credit terms with new and existing clients. Completing and following through on any quotes / contracts made.
- Improved productivity / profitability by implementing strategies to maximize the companies sales figures and customer loyalty.
- Expansion of client base / referrals by promoting our services whenever and wherever the opportunity arises – especially focusing on the Latin American Market.
- Creating and reinforcing Fracht’s image to the general public which will result in increased client base, sales and use of our services.
- Sales campaigns geared towards the Latin American Trade Lane.
- Keeping up to date with our services provided, new services available from shipping lines and airlines and offering these to existing and prospective clients.
- Assist team members / other departments as required
- Regular discussions with management regarding client changes and improvements and competitor activity.
- Regular discussions and reports provided to management regarding sales performance / targets / profits made and expenses incurred.
- Developing and implementing strategies to build and maintain Fracht’s reputation and image with clients, shareholders and prospective customers.
- Regularly obtains testimonials and referrals from existing client base.
This role is suited to someone with at least five years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry complimented with the following qualities and skills:
- Good understanding of the global and domestic freight industry
- Good business acumen
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Good computer skills – especially in CW1
- Meeting agreed and defined sales targets
- Portuguese language would be an advantage
- Outgoing personality
- Strong organisational and self-motivation skills
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the position
- Must have a car and license in an ongoing basis
A rewarding salary package of between $75,000 and $85,000 per annum plus superannuation. Plus you will have the opportunity to share in company profits after one year of employment.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia and hold a valid working visa.
Fracht Australia is looking for a responsible person who shares their passion, drive and vision of Customer Service excellence. If ready for the next step in your career please send us your CV and cover letter.