Assistant Accountant / Accountant (Automotive Dealership)
Advertiser: Westpoint Autos3.2653 out of 53.3 overall rating (49 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Industry Competitive Salary!
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Westpoint Autos has been a leading automotive dealership in Brisbane since 1988. Home to Nissan, Hyundai, Honda, Volkswagen, Suzuki, LDV, Isuzu Ute, Great Wall, Haval, SsangYong, Mahindra and one of the largest dealer used car operations in Brisbane. Westpoint Autos has 12 sites strategically located in Indooroopilly, Moorooka, Darra, Taringa, Springwood, Browns Plains and Toowong.
Due to our continued growth, our Corporate Administration team based at Darra, requires an experienced Automotive Assistant Accountant / Accountant on a full-time basis. The applicant will be required to extensively support the Group Financial Controller and Corporate Administration team whilst being responsible for specific day-to-day and EOM/EOY accounting tasks.
This will be a demanding position ideally suited to an experienced automotive accounting professional who is looking to further their career with a successful and progressive dealer group. The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to apply strategic and analytical thought coupled with exemplary accounting knowledge as well as the ability to follow strict processes.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responsibility of the end-to-end financial accounting process for specific brands
- Monthly Manufacturer reporting
- Management accounts and general ledger reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
- Preparation of FBT and BAS
- Monitoring cash flow and managing payments and expenses
- Completion of EOM / EOFY year processes
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reports to the Group Financial Controller and Senior Management team
- Support and guide team members within the Administration / Accounting team as and when required.
Essential to your success, you will require the following skills and attributes:
- Solid automotive accounting knowledge, a minimum of 2 years within a dealership environment preferred
- Completed or working towards formal Accounting qualifications
- Strong working knowledge Automotive DMS's
- Proficiency in all facets of financial and management accounting
- Impeccable time management and attention to detail skills coupled with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Immaculate personal presentation and professional image
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, contribute ideas and knowledge share
- Previous experience and exposure to a large payroll, would be advantageous .
A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate to experience, knowledge and qualifications.
To be considered for this position, you will need to showcase previous experience within a similar role and possess all of the above mentioned attributes. To secure an interview, please click APPLY below and attach a detailed resume with two current work referees and a brief cover letter.
Westpoint Autos is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.