Teachers Aide (Learning Support)
Advertiser: Trinity Grammar School Summer Hill4 out of 54.0 overall rating (5 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Trinity Grammar School's Education Support Services Department (TESS) is seeking a part-time Teacher's Aide. As a TESS Teacher's Aide you will contribute to the provision of a quality educational service by assisting and supporting teachers with the preparation and enhancement of learning materials and associated activities to enable all students the opportunity to help students work towards or fulfil their learning potential through access to the curriculum. We are looking for individuals who are committed, energetic and positive about working with students with special needs and able to work as part of a team.
These positions involve supporting the learning in the classroom and in small group settings across a wide range of NSW Curriculum for Stages 4 and 5 as well as HSC and IB Diploma (Stage 6). Formal qualifications in learning support would be advantageous; however, the School has a strong focus on professional learning and will provide the required development for an outstanding practitioner.
Enthusiastic, professionals who identify with our Christian ethos and culture will be highly regarded.
Positions will be offered for 12 months initially .
We seek candidates who are:
· Aligned to the Anglican identity of the School, demonstrated through a personal Christian faith and active church involvement.
· Innovative and creative practitioners with a positive, solution-focused attitude when handling complex situations
· Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and ability to remain calm and committed at all times
· Experienced in working with children with additional needs
· A sense of humour
· Willing to be involved in the broad life of the School
Successful candidates will have:
· Formal qualifications in Learning Support (preferred)
· A valid Working with Children Check number
· Current First Aid Certification
Applications close 4pm Thursday 29th October 2020.