Advertiser: Tessitura NetworkMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Asia Pacific
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
The Hosting Services division maintains Tessitura Network’s mission critical hosting environments for 300+ organizations world-wide. Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure Operations and the Lead System Administrators, the System Administrator assists the Hosting Services team with maintaining and monitoring the hosted environment and serves as the primary resource for escalation from the Global Support teams. The System Administrator will facilitate timely resolution of alerts, incident tickets and other escalations through basic and advanced troubleshooting methodologies and through standard operating procedures while using a wide array of technologies. This position is responsible for providing customer support to hosted users, Network staff and authorized contractors to ensure satisfaction in the use of hosted network applications and tools.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical knowledge around Microsoft Systems, Server Management, Amazon Web Services, Database and Application management that has been developed through working in a managed services environment or as part of an IT team in a medium to large organization. Experience administering various technologies such as network. backup, security and protection, patching, and monitoring is preferred.
Hosting Services System Administrator Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot servers
- Build, configure, monitor, and maintain various virtualization environments
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs
- Administer servers and related applications to provide a responsive and consistent computing environment that delivers websites and applications remotely
- Manage and maintain periodic (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, annual) data backups for servers, and network infrastructure.
- Install new software releases from vendors and system upgrades
- Create, update, and audit documentation as required
- Provide Tier 3 support for incident and user ticket escalation
- Engage and escalate to vendors for service restoration
- Follow defined processes for incident and change management.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule two nights per month and one weekend every other month
- Support new hosted Tessitura installations and software version upgrades
- Assume ownership for assigned Services including development of lifecycle plans, monitoring plans, testing plans, capacity plans etc. to ensure long term viability of the service
- Effectively collaborate with peers, cross-functional teams and team leaders to achieve end-to-end product and process quality
- Exercise discretion and judgment to ensure all Operational Service Levels are met
- Travel two to three times per year for meetups and conferences as needed (Note: All travel currently suspended.
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring applications
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, Web Hosting, SSL, Internet Infrastructure and IP Information tools
- Knowledge of network topologies
- Experience with Remote Application Delivery technologies
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage and deliver tasks for multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a high performance 24/7 availability environment
- Familiarity with ITIL and LifeCycle Management
- Experience in enterprise systems infrastructure
- Experience with WAF, Next Gen Firewalls, Load Balancers
- Experience in Windows Server, Citrix Apps and Desktops, VMWare, Linux and AWS
- Familiarity with Powershell, Python, SQL, Bash or other languages
- Working knowledge of IT compliance, information security, and risk management
- Thorough knowledge of cloud service provider capabilities and integration
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool .
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?