Resource Creator & Copywriter
Advertiser: Teacher Professional DevelopmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- $50,000 - $64,999 + super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Are you a unicorn wordsmith with a passion for creating copy? Do you see the glamour in grammar?
Does creating fun and engaging educational resources to assist teachers improve classroom learning excite you?
Do you write social posts and email copy in your sleep?
If this sounds like you… read on, you are our kind of people!
You see we are not just looking for just anyone to join our small work family in Lambton, Newcastle.
Teacher Professional Development was born in 2016 and was founded by Carly and Tresne on the awareness that hard-working teachers could use some support. We pride ourselves on creating high-quality learning opportunities for teachers and their students in the form of resources, courses and engaging online experiences. Every opportunity to exceed our teacher’s expectations is taken.
The Teacher Professional Development core team also includes Lori and Tess our in-house resource developers. They create beautiful, engaging resources to support our teachers and engage their students. Their commitment, willingness to go above and beyond for our teachers, and pride in their work has made them an integral part of the Teacher Professional Development family.
We want you if:
- You have a Tertiary education and experience in digital marketing, communications, copywriting, or similar discipline.
- You have a thorough command of the English language, with strong attention to detail and sound knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and communications principles.
- You have a passion for copywriting and ability to adapt to different communication styles and personalities to represent our brand and products effectively.
- Ideally, you have experience working with common CMS platforms such as WordPress, WooCommerce and Shopify.
- You have excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media best practice.
- Understand SEO concepts (preferred).
Our ideal team member will:
- Be resourceful, you always find a way to deliver and you are an ‘all in’ kind of person.
- Have a zest for life and enthusiasm about getting the job at hand completed.
- Have initiative, strong organisation and communication skills.
- Love a challenge that you can sink your teeth into. You are prepared to work late hours at peak times of production.
- Be loyal and stick around. We are not after a ‘one night stand’ we want someone looking for a long-term role with the goal of growing with the company.
- Have a constant thirst for self-improvement/learning to keep on top of the latest growth / digital marketing strategies and tools.
A day in the life… what would you need to do in the role:
- Develop and write high-quality educational resources.
- Write copy for existing products, as well as writing new product descriptions with clarity and adherence to SEO concepts.
- Proofread resources.
- Implement e-commerce updates - including copy and uploading products.
- Plan and write copy for social media and email marketing.
- We are wildly committed to succeeding, and just as committed to supporting the growth of our employees. If you’re all in, so are we!
- The office environment is one of optimism, resilience and a growth mindset-fail forward mentality.
- We love to celebrate the wins, we bounce back from setbacks quickly and have an all-in mentality for growth and making a difference.
- Also, we all wear slippers in the office, we love to share a joke, and not to brag but we have a pretty fancy coffee machine!
How to apply
Please apply online including your resume and cover letter. We believe cover letters tell your story in a way that a resume doesn’t, we use these to get to know a little more about you and why you are interested in joining our team. For this reason, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please answer the questions below in your cover letter:
- How you could add value to our company?
- How many years of experience have you had in a similar role?
- Provide examples of your work, or projects that have worked on.
- Your favourite book.
Send your application via SEEK (Please don't email them.)
The successful applicant will be working from our office which is located in Newcastle, NSW. This is not a virtual position. Candidates who are Newcastle/Hunter residents are preferred.
NOTE – No Recruiters please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- Do you have experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Have you worked in a role where your duties included proof reading and sub-editing?