Laboratory technician / Analyst
Advertiser: Medical Developments International LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Medical Developments International (MDI) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical products used for Healthcare solutions for more than 30 years. MDI has a portfolio of world class products and a strong existing business. We are market leaders within a number of our segments, with a portfolio of business opportunities that has led to significant recent growth, that is also expected to continue for years to come.
The Role (12mth Contract)
We are seeking a Laboratory technician / Analyst to support various R&D and Product Development testing and verification activities, reporting to the Product Development Manager.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Effectively and efficiently run, maintain, and troubleshoot the company’s suite of Respiratory and inhalation device testing systems.
- Conduct drug delivery device testing utilising existing APSD setup & HPLC equipment in accordance to established protocols and procedures.
- Prepare and condition device and drug substance samples.
- Conduct various testing on MDI’s existing and new medical devices, including inhalers and spacers and other existing products.
- Refine and update existing test and verification protocols, commissioning, and validation of new test equipment where necessary.
- Enter and extrapolate data generated from testing into Excel and various proprietary data manipulation software (CITDAS, DELTA, etc) .
- Analyse test data against predefined acceptance criteria and prepare data for presenting to development team, senior executives, and other stakeholders to make effective decisions.
- Perform maintenance and calibrations for MDI’s proprietary verification equipment.
- Conduct qualification and re-qualification activities on various equipment & systems
- Preparation and filing of DHF documentation according to standard operating procedures, with focus on verification plans and test reports.
- Routine inspections and/or maintenance on the equipment required to perform sampling, sample preparation, testing, and analysis
The successful candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in an analytical chemistry or related discipline e.g. Bachelor of Science
- Proficiency in operating and maintaining an existing HPLC system (Agilent)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role using HPLC analytics
- Data analysis in Excel, MiniTab and other software
- Sampling and testing experience in a laboratory-based environment
- Basic understanding of ISO13485 design and development, including design inputs and outputs, risk management and compilation of DHF’s and DMR’s
- Basic knowledge of medical device verification and validation procedures would be highly regarded
- Technically astute with Microsoft suite of applications
- Reporting within product development team – presenting of test results and recommendations
- Experience testing and/or developing pMDI and valve holding chambers would be highly regarded
- Basic knowledge of aerosol delivery would be highly regarded
- Experience in operating an Agilent 1260 HPLC system would be highly regarded
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to work in a team which promotes continuous learning, provides exposure to both pharma and medical device development and the opportunity to be mentored by experienced Engineers / Scientists
- Exposure to a variety of world leading medical device programs and the chance to be part of a progressive company which frequently brings new medical devices to the market
- Access to latest premium software, tools and equipment for designing, prototyping and testing
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative, open minded team who encourage each other to share and challenge each other’s ideas regardless of position
- Possible view to permanency
Join the MDI family and be part of a winning culture!
Click "Apply" now and provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?