Advertiser: Ingkerreke Commercial Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2020
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
Ingkerreke Commercial is an Alice Springs based building and construction company delivering numerous capital and construction works, period contracts, conducting repairs and maintenance works in regional and remote locations throughout the Northern Territory, Western Australia and Far North Queensland.
We are seeking for an experienced and reliable Construction Manager to plan and oversee our construction projects ensuring the delivery of projects within set time-frames and to budget while maintaining expected quality and safety standards.
- Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, sub-contractors and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and overseeing the day-to-day Construction activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects where budget scope of works, programme and quality control is delivered as per each construction contract.
- Hold Building licence or trade qualification in Construction.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including competent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and records management systems.
- Proven ability to manage, prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines, utilising initiative, leadership and problem solving.
- Proven ability to work independently and also as part of a cross-cultural, multi-disciplined and high-performing team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective client relationships, including the ability to work effectively with both government agencies and non-government organisations.
- Commitment to developing a positive workplace and cohesive team, as well as to fostering a safe work culture and to applying modern WHS practices.
- Ability to supervise, motivate, mentor and train other staff as required.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, representing the organisation and conducting meetings. This may include travel to regional and remote areas overnight or for short periods.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Must possess a current NT Driver’s License, Working Safely in the Construction Industry Card (White card), Working with Children Card (Ochre card).
- Hold a N.T. Building Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management / Building and Construction Management.
- Broad understanding of the issues relating to remote service delivery in the Northern Territory.
- Motivated, friendly and supportive team.
- Competitive salary, 5 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation and generous leave provisions.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people are encouraged to apply.
For position description, selection criteria & application form email to email@example.com [link removed]or call (08) 8959 1920.
- How many years' experience do you have as a construction manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with contracts administration?