Advertiser: McDonald Jones Homes2.8125 out of 52.8 overall rating (16 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
McDonald Jones Homes is not just in the new home building industry, we are in the business of realising the dreams of Australian families. From architecturally designed first homes to luxurious residences, from multi-residential projects to investment properties, McDonald Jones has grown and evolved to offer a range of building services that cater to diverse needs, goals and budgets.
We are looking for someone who is both energetic and dedicated to supervise the construction of quality homes on time, within budget and to contractual arrangements. As a member of this team you will join a company which has a commitment to integrity, respect and a focus on delivering the best outcomes for our customers.
McDonald Jones Homes are seeking to employ a result driven Construction Supervisor to join our Construction team in the Hunter.
As a Construction Supervisor you will be working as part of an outstanding team which focuses on delivering outstanding quality homes that exceed our customers' expectations. You will be managing multiple sites and coordinating all on-site activities ensuring that all dealings are met and all workplace safety requirements are followed. You will be dealing with sub-contractors, contractors and suppliers while maintaining a smooth operation and driving the timely completion of the multiple jobs sites.
Specifically responsible for:-
- The allocation of materials and trades to job sites to ensure timely construction of homes;
- Ensuring that homes are built in accordance with contractual arrangements and approved drawings;
- Inspecting completed work to ensure high standard of quality workmanship;
- Ensuring that homes are completed on time and within the allocated budget;
- Maintaining and upholding the excellent reputation of McDonald Jones by representing the company and displaying respect and integrity;
- Ensuring construction is carried out safely and in accordance with company processes and systems;
- Ensuring Trades understand and are complying with the company Safety Management System and the WH&S legislation and internal operating systems;
- Liaising with customers and council, as required to provide an unbeatable customer service and
- Ensuring that the required documentation and paperwork is completed during the building process.
To be successful in the position the following attributes are desirable
- A Building Trade Certificate or tertiary education in Construction Management;
- 5 years’ experience within the Residential Project Home Industry;
- A strong project management ability to coordinate multiple service providers and suppliers to complete homes expediently;
- Considerable knowledge of the basic methods, practices, tools, materials and work standards related to the building of residential homes;
- Has a high attention to detail with excellent time management and organisation skills;
- The ability to identify defects or problems proactively and take the necessary actions to rectify or prevent problems in an efficient manner;
- Outstanding leadership, communication and planning abilities with a passion for working in a face paced environment and
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suit.
We are passionate about what we do, and people have always been at the heart of our company, making us what we are today. Our values are something that we live by and are carried out in the way we treat each other, our customers and our work. Excellence and achieving results is something we strive for every day, and we put in the extra mile whenever it is required, but we all have fun along the way. If you are a highly motivated and driven individual up for the challenge of working for an industry leader, you will fit right in.
How to apply
If you are a goal-oriented, self-motivated professional person with a strong focus to provide an unbeatable customer service, please send your resume and covering letter highlighting your skills and experience to McDonald Jones by pressing the "apply button" below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?