Registered Nurses After Hours Outreach Team
Advertiser: Youth Projects LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs.
Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
About the Role
Youth Projects is now on the lookout for a dynamic ‘Registered Nurses After Hours Outreach Team. The position will provide a health-focused assertive outreach response which engages service users to create linkages with our Living Room Primary Health Service and a range of external health, outreach, and housing services.
As this is a unique role you will have demonstrated in past:
- Provide comprehensive nursing assessment and care to assist clients who either experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- To provide clinical support and expertise to members of the AHOS team, including the provision of comprehensive nursing assessments, joint care planning and discharge planning as required
- Conduct assertive clinical outreach to engage and assess people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD utilising appropriate nursing interventions
- Develop and monitor care coordination processes for people engaged through the program interventions with a focus on linkages with Living Room services and programs
- Assist in the development and strengthening of practice partnerships with outreach services, emergency departments, homelessness service to improve health and housing outcomes for people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to a model of integrated care with the existing service system to ensure enhanced service coordination and collaboration
Ideal candidate will possess
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration with further qualifications in Community, Mental Health, or other relevant qualification
- Demonstrated experience in delivering health outcomes for vulnerable clients
- Experience working in community health and a strong commitment to Social Model of health and trauma informed care principles
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working both autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team
- An understanding of the issues and implications of homelessness on clients with complex health and social needs
- Wanting to grow, develop, and build a career with a progressive organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team of professional staff
What in it for YOU!
- Flexible work environment
- Youth Projects have access to generous employee benefits including salary packaging, training and professional development opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous growth in owning your own space?
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
If this sounds like you, then APPLY NOW!
Our commitment to diversity
At Youth Projects, we value diversity and believe that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that will enhance our effectiveness.
We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police and Working with Children Checks. Any person with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us.
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
For further information, please contact Youth Projects on (03) 9304 9100.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?