IT Support Trainee
Advertiser: Roberts Morrow TechnologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- $30,000 - $39,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Roberts and Morrow Technology (RMT) are looking for an IT Trainee to join our thriving and progressive business. RMT currently support over 4000 desktops and servers across Australia, with networks ranging in size from 5 to over 200 users.
Ideally the successful candidate will be based in our office in Armidale, NSW. Armidale is a city in the Northern Tablelands, New South Wales, Australia. It is approximately halfway between Sydney and Brisbane at the junction of the New England Highway and Waterfall Way.
About the role:
- Provide level 1 help desk support to internal and external clients – email, phone and face to face
- Troubleshooting user desktop and equipment related problems using the phone and remote access tools (e.g Teamviewer, Take Control)
- Escalating problems to higher level support as required
- Logging jobs and maintaining support records via the internal help desk system;
- Assist other IT Support staff in their duties as required
- Administration of users/groups etc in Active Directory as required
- Administration of business computer networks
- Provision of computer and network security and protection
- Preparation and deployment of new PC's
- Equipment preparation, maintenance and repair
- System security & virus protection
- Good understanding of basic IT Principles across Network, Server and Desktop environments
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Genuine passion for providing excellence in IT customer support
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues into clear and easily understood terms
- Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise effectively
- Analytical and logical with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Australian citizen or Permanent resident
To apply: Please send your application letter and resume through to email@example.com
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - At Roberts & Morrow Technology (RMT), we recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of this nation. We recognise that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and cultures are inseparable from Australia’s collective history and culture and are something we can be proud of and celebrate. We acknowledge Elders past, present and emerging as the Traditional Custodians of the land of which, we live and work. We are proud that we live in the country with the world’s oldest continuous living cultures, and we are playing our part to support indigenous people to keep these cultures alive and vibrant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?