Advertiser: The Westport ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
How does it sound to be part of a reliable, progressive, safe and unified team working together to create memorable experiences for the local community? Your unique talents, experience and focus on leadership and club operations management would contribute to our great team of innovative, talented people who help each other succeed.
You’ll build relationships with 400+ team members, across multiple venue outlets and get to know our loyal members. We call this ‘the family we choose’. A fast-paced, dynamic environment means no two days will be the same. Whether you’re up and coming or had years of experience, you’ll acquire new skills and solutions to problems will come from thinking on your feet.
Join our team and you’ll have opportunities for professional development and a scholarship program will keep you learning; a contribution towards your gym membership will help keep you well; a discount on food and coffee will keep you happy; and a great team culture will keep you motivated and inspired.
It sounds pretty good, right?
It gets better…you’d be based in beautiful Port Macquarie, but our organisation also makes life great on the Blue Mountains, in Sydney and on the Central Coast. Our vision is ‘to make a significant contribution to the quality of community life’.
Who are we?
We are The Westport Club, the greatest Club in Port Macquarie, offering a diverse range of facilities. As well as restaurants, cafes, bars, gaming, TAB, Keno, promotions and events.
A great opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Supervisor or Manager who has experience in hospitality or an industry that values great leadership of multiple teams and understands operations of a multi-faceted business. The role oversees operations across the entire club including Gaming, Cash Management, Concierge, and Food and Beverage.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide leadership, direction and support their teams to ensure the highest levels of customer service are being delivered
- Coordinate the department or club on a shift basis including rostering, task allocation and coordinating breaks
- Provide coaching, development, and performance feedback to employees on their performance, including managing performance concerns
- Build and foster highly effective working relationships with all departments regarding core priorities, upcoming events, projects, site works and impacts
- Provide insight into fluctuations in wages, wastage, stock and other cost contributors
- Monitor and respond to service levels - received goods, response times, service quality, food production – and assist where appropriate
- Problem solve and implement solutions to ensure a positive customer experience
- Implement and champion change as part of a progressive and evolving organisation
- Conflict management and management of complex operational issues
- Support training, onboarding and coaching of new starters to the Department
- Project work from time to time
To succeed in this role you will have:
- At least 12 months experience managing a team of people with varying levels of experience within the hospitality industry or operations management in another industry
- Confidence to work independently and think on your feet to resolve issues and manage tricky situations
- Exceptional experience in communicating with both customers and team members and be able to demonstrate the ability to have the ‘difficult conversation’
- Demonstrated leadership skills in coaching and motivating a team of employees
- Demonstrated ability to deliver agreed outcomes, targets and KPIs, both personal and for your team
- General knowledge & experience of Club operations and guiding legislation
- A high standard of presentation and exceptional communication skills, including report writing and other formal documentation
- A high degree of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
- Flexibility and availability across the operating hours of the Club
- Current RSA and RCG certificates
If you’re ready to join a great organisation who truly values its people and help us create memorable experiences for the local community, then we want to hear from you.