Head of School
Advertiser: Indie SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Oct 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Management - Schools
The greatest difference between Indie School and many other alternative education settings is that our foundations lay in Adult Education philosophies. Choice, independence, mutual respect, accountability all have a significant role to play.
Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
Indie School provides students the opportunity to learn in a supportive environment that uses individual education plans tailored to each student's own education/life circumstances. In return for higher levels of self responsibility, the students can enjoy some greater freedoms.
Head of School
This position has authority for the oversight of the Indie School Mildura (campus), teaching and learning programs and operational management of the School.
- Co-ordination of the delivery of the school's year 10 and VCAL curriculum
- Leading, managing and supporting teachers, welfare and administration staff
- Overseeing enrolment, welfare and behaviour management processes
- Oversight of the timetable and student records
- Development, implementation and monitoring of School policies
- Ensuring a safe and supportive environment for staff and students
- Appointing teaching and support staff, maintaining School registration, compliance and reporting, and to ensure the School operates within budget, and in line with the School’s Business Plan and Annual School Improvement Plan.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and VCAL
- Deep understanding of effective teaching, learning and classroom management practices
- Demonstrated experience as an exemplary teacher
- Demonstrated capacity for educational leadership within a school setting
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and to work within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a flexible environment
All enquiries should be referred to our Executive Principal
For further information on Indie School, visit https://www.indieschool.edu.au/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?