Advertiser: SimplerecruitMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Jane Jones Landscapes is an award-winning boutique landscape design, construction and maintenance business based in Glen Iris, Victoria. We are a passionate team of designers and horticulturists committed to delivering quality high-end gardens to our clients. We are a small close team, with high expectations both internally and externally.
We believe our staff are our greatest asset and value them accordingly through competitive remuneration in a supportive and caring work environment.
We are seeking an experienced horticulturist to join our team in a full-time role.
The role of experienced Horticulturist will require fulfilment of the following tasks:
- Maintenance and installation of residential and commercial gardens to high standards
- Working as part of a team with other staff, as well as independently as required
- Sound knowledge of irrigation systems, and their maintenance, including seasonal programming and problem solving with minor faults
- Sound plant identification skills and cultivation knowledge
- Competence in the identification of insects, pests, weeds and diseases and initiating control procedures
- Use of, and maintenance of, gardening tools, lawn mowers, whipper snippers, hedging equipment, ladders etc.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate must possess:
- Minimum Qualification Certificate III in Horticulture
- Minimum of three years experience in residential garden maintenance
- Local plant knowledge/experience
- Current Driver’s License and personal vehicle
The successful applicant will be:
- Friendly, reliable and possess a professional manner
- Comfortable in communicating with clients, suppliers and other contractors
- Highly professional and trustworthy
- Able to keep detailed documentation of work in gardens as well as have acute attention to detail & possess good time management skills
- Well groomed, fit and strong to undertake all aspects of garden maintenance independently
All applicants must currently reside within the Melbourne region and must have the right to work permanently within Australia.
An immediate start is available to the right candidate.
Please apply via SEEK. enquiries can be made to Pauline @ Simplerecruit on 0407902003