Senior Front End Focused Ruby on Rails Developer
Advertiser: Ezy RaiseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Ezy Raise specialise in digital fundraising utilising online technology to drive fundraising events around the world. Ezy Raise currently manage and deliver key events such as the Dry July campaigns in Australia and New Zealand, Sober October in the UK, and Dry Feb in Canada.
We are currently seeking a Senior Front End focused Ruby On Rails Developer.
You will work closely with the lead developer, UI/UX designer and other stakeholders to help define scope, timelines, and strategy to drive and deliver high-impact features, capabilities, and new functionality - and play a pivotal role in executing that strategy.
You will be designing and building fast and elegant software that serves multiple fundraising campaign types. You will be enhancing a highly scalable production system to generate & serve thousands of users and donors across multiple events and regions.
- Ruby-On-Rails (high)
- HTML coding and file/folder structure in a RoR app (high)
- CSS/SCSS coding and file/folder structure in a RoR app (high)
- Style guides such as Rubocop & ESLint (nice to have)
- RSPEC (high – especially feature tests)
- Project management tools like JIRA and Service Desk (nice to have)
- Github (low to medium)
- AWS (nice to have)
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Problem solver with a motivation for quality software craftsmanship
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web applications with an active and growing user base
- As a developer, you have a passion for testing, best-practices, consistency, and code quality. You can take a problem, break it down, and work with a team to deliver a solution.
- Ability to work with and actively participate with a small, highly motivated, high-speed team
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, collaboration and making a difference. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?