Advertiser: Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Dental
Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre (Biripi ACMC) is a community controlled health service that employs up to 100 staff members which provides a wide range of culturally appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the Mid-Northern NSW Region. These include; Clinical, Maternal Health, Aged and Community Care, Community Health and Dental Health Services from Clinics and Facilities around Taree and Statutory Out of Home Care (OOHC) through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services (BACS) in Taree and Walanbaa Gaayili in Inverell.
About the role:
The Dental Assistant position is responsible for assisting in the provision of dental health services to improve dental health outcomes to Aboriginal people.
The key objectives of the role include:
- Assist in the delivery of oral health care to the Aboriginal community
- Provide assistance and support to the Dental Clinicians
- Assist in the implementation of programs and services promoting the oral health of Aboriginal people
- Assess and develop strategies to improve dental health in the Aboriginal community
Skills and experience
If you have:
- Aboriginality (desirable)
- Qualifications in Dental Assisting or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in a range of dental procedures
- Sound knowledge of community dental health, public dental health and Aboriginal dental health
- Experience building relationships and working with health service agencies, non-government organisations, community groups and medical professionals at all levels
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation and the community
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate empathy when required
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances including National Police Check and Working with Children clearance
We would love to hear from you
Please apply via seek with a current resume and a cover letter (Cover Letter and Resume will need to be in one document addressing the selection criteria).
Only Seek applications will be considered.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday 15 November 2020.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.