General Manager - OperationsPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
With a fast-growing team of cleaners we have the reputation and branding of a large commercial cleaning service, however underneath we retain a people-centric values of a small-scale operation.
We are currently seeking a driven leader with high emotional intelligence that can drive accountability and performance empowering their team to be the best.
Key to your role will be to execute and drive company strategies and priorities, building a can-do culture and elevating the performance of our people.
This role will see you manage a large portfolio of clients.
About the Role:
This is a challenging but rewarding hands on role and will see you taking on the leadership and management responsibilities of the company's operations.
You will instinctively know how to manage up and interact with all members of the company in supporting the growth and financial position of the company.
In this role, you will accountable for:
- Leading, managing, delivering and engaging our people & service levels to exceed expectations;
- Manage and lead a team of direct reports;
- Manage compliance and company procedures;
- Transition, Manage & Retain a large portfolio of facilities;
- Foster and nurture key customer relationships and implement retention strategies;
- Budget and accountability of Profit & Loss;
- Ensure operational compliance to ISO9001 (Quality), ISO14001 (Environment) and ISO45001 (OHS) Management Systems; and
- Develop and implement operational improvements in a growing company.
You'll be great at communicating with people and building relationships with customers. You're a problem solver and can do so in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Your background might be varied, but you will have had experience in Operations and will be commercially astute. Experience in a similar role within the Cleaning or Facilities Management will be very highly regarded.
As the successful applicant, you will require the following:
- Ability to develop short and long-term strategy for the operational department as it grows;
- Proven experience in developing and executing an Account Management strategy;
- Previous Senior Operations Management experience with strong people management skills and thorough understanding of performance management/improvement;
- Strong experience across operations, with a proven track record in fostering and retaining client relationships;
- A strong desire to exceed client expectations;
- Strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of delivering results;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Competent knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Office products including outlook, word and excel; and
If this job sounds perfect for you then apply now!
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Do you have commercial cleaning experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?