Advertiser: Uniting WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $80,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Our purpose is to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, stand for a just society and support individuals and communities to be valued and connected. We are a not-for-profit community services organisation and part of the mission of the Uniting Church in Australia and UnitingCare national network.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Lead, the purpose of this role is to ensure high quality services are delivered to people with disability and psychosocial disability that align with service standards and best practice models. You will provide guidance and support to create a work environment that enables a high performing team to deliver high quality and sustainable support services in an individualised funding model.
As a result of growth within the business, these newly created positions provide you with the opportunity for you to make your mark in a leading community service organisation. This is a mentoring role, with significant responsibility, and we’d love you to help shape our future and ensure even better outcomes for the people we support.
Qualifications and experience are wonderful things but we’re also looking for people who bring their personality, flair and unique energy to the workplace.
You’re going to love this job because you are:
- A natural leader and mentor - the perfect team captain
- Keen to continue with direct client supports while taking on new challenges
- Person-centred – your motivation is the people we exist to serve
- Someone who celebrates the successes of others
- Inspired to work for an organisation with big aspirations
- A doer, with initiative and flair
- Able to facilitate teamwork and collaboration, leading by example
- Resourceful and open-minded
- A linker - you pull people together
- An influencer and a listener
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed, grounded and real.
You will also have:
- Significant knowledge and understanding of contemporary theory, practice and its application in the area of disability and/or mental health (including excellent understanding of person-centred, strength-based support)
- Understanding of individualised funding models and the key developments and issues facing the not-for-profit sector
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or commensurate significant (i.e. 3 years+) experience and relevant professional development
- Experience in the mental health sector is highly desirable.
Working with Uniting
Working within our values of being imaginative, respectful, compassionate and bold, Uniting WA provides the support and development for you to belong and thrive. Benefits of working with us includes additional annual leave, generous long service leave, access to additional salary packing and a great team environment. We value social and cultural diversity and are committed to a safe workplace and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting WA is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
If you are up for a challenge and want to make a difference, we encourage you to apply via SEEK or call Rosa Holden on 0417 151 381 or John Fulker on 0466 929 864 to find out more, between 9am and 4pm.
Please note that shortlisting will commence immediately.
A position description outlining further details will be available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have your own vehicle and are willing to use it for work purposes?
- Do you have significant knowledge and understanding of contemporary theory, practice and its application in the area of disability and/or mental health?
- Do you have leadership experience within the Community Services Sector?