Advertiser: MICAH InclusionMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- $23 - $26 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Casual/Part Time Trainee Therapy Assistant
Applied Behaviour Analysis Therapy Assistant
MICAH Inclusion is a therapy provider for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental difficulties. We use the science of human behaviour, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to improve the lives of these children and their families.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is an intervention in which the principles of learning theory and human behaviour are applied in a systematic and measurable manner to increase, reduce, maintain, and generalise target behaviours. These behaviours include speech and language, social skills, communication skills including verbal and non-verbal communication, adaptive living skills including toileting, eating, dressing, and play skills including gross motor and fine motor play and social play. In all ABA programs, the intent is to increase skills in language, play and socialisation, while decreasing behaviours that interfere with learning
Further information about ABA can be found by following the below link: https://lens.monash.edu/@erin-leif/2018/10/15/1362000/demystifying-applied-behaviour-analysis
We are looking for amazing people to join our team on a part time basis as a trainee therapy assistant. A Part Time Trainee Therapy Assistant at Micah is an entry level position. Trainees are fully supervised by a Senior Therapist or Behaviour Analyst while they complete their training.
A three-month trial is required. After the three-month trial and successful performance appraisal, therapists can move to Level 1 Therapy Assistant. Further opportunity to advance within the company is provided based on further qualifications, training and experience. Trainees can also complete a Certificate III in Individual Supports (Disability) as part of their work with the company.
Trainee Therapy Assistants:
- Initially, participate in shadow shifts with other therapists to observe ABA therapy in action. Then moving to running therapy sessions under the supervision of Senior Therapists or Behaviour Analysts.
- Participate in weekly training sessions.
- Complete online training (up to forty hours) and professional reading in own time.
- Once three-month trial period is completed trainees move to a Level 1 Therapy Assistant.
Level 1 Therapy Assistant:
- Delivery therapy programs to children independently with supervised session every 8 hours of therapy provided per child.
- Development of therapy resources and visual supports.
- Participate in weekly training.
- Based on performance appraisal, parent feedback and completion of training therapist can move to Level 2 therapy assistant.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?