Advertiser: Versatile GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
About the business
Versatile is a group of companies that provides an array of products and services in the Commercial Construction Industry. These include Fit Out, Stone & Tiling and Construction Solutions. Established in 1974, Versatile Group is a value-driven business with a corporate mindset.
With us, you can develop your career, forge your own pathway and make a tangible difference.
We're a team that's there for each other. You'll find the encouragement and support to achieve your goals and succeed.
About the role
Working within the Tiling & Stone division, the role will see you managing all aspects of a project/s and ensuring they are delivered on time and meet the client's expectations. You will be expected to communicate with contractors, assist with tenders, coordinate meetings whilst successfully delivering projects.
Key duties include:
- Manage expectations of our valuable clients to ensure repeat business for the company
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budgets, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report to Project Director regularly on project status
- Work closely with site supervisors and site personnel; ensure project is delivered with quality and on time.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly cost report to Project Director and Commercial Manager
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
Benefits and perks
- Dynamic, young and vibrant work culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Discounted travel
- Discounted private healthcare
- Monthly social events
- Career development opportunities
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in managing Tiling and Stone construction projects is not essential but preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in related field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding business acumen & an eye for detail
- Strong organisation and problem-solving skills
- Strong Project Management experience
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?