Policy and Research Director
Advertiser: Foundation for Alcohol Research & EducationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Policy
Policy and Research Director
Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE)
Salary: $120,000 - $135,000 + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice benefits
FARE is a not-for-profit organisation working towards an Australia that is free from alcohol harm. We approach this through community engagement, public education, and advocacy campaigns, that are informed by research.
FARE has a new leadership team and an ambitious agenda that will see the organisation undertake significant change over the next two years in order to tackle bold new projects. If you want to be part of a team working on nation-wide policy solutions, undertaking advocacy at national, state and territory levels, and giving a voice to communities — then this job is for you.
The Policy and Research Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The role is responsible for overseeing policy development, advocacy, government relations and research. This role will advise on policy priorities for the organisation and oversee the development of policy, advocacy and government relations strategies to achieve policy outcomes.
What you will work on
- Coordinating the development and implementation of FARE's policy work, including research of issues, creating policy positions and policy and advocacy strategies that lead to developed work programs.
- Leading the development of the organisations research agenda, including identifying gaps in research and future opportunities and work closely with the team at the Centre for Alcohol Policy and Research.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, politicians, government officials, decision-makers, or wherever important decisions are made.
- Working closely with the Communications team on policy and research translation to ensure project messaging is tailored to the appropriate audience.
- Working collaboratively with purpose aligned individuals and organisations.
- Managing a small and high performing team to develop and implement work plans, provide training and leadership development.
What you will bring to the team
- Strong Passion for improving the health and wellbeing of communities.
- Extensive policy development experience, including the ability to lead, motivate, set objectives and manage the performance of a small team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and political processes and government operations.
- Strong communication ability, including fluency in a variety of written forms and persuasive verbal communication ability.
- Ability to manage relationships with government entities, members of parliament, academics and stakeholders within the sector.
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience) in public policy, public health, economics or related field.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a resume plus a written statement (no more than two pages) outlining why you are motivated to apply for this role and what skills and experience you could bring to the role.
Email your completed application to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Policy and Research Director’ or contact (02) 6122 8600.
Applications close Friday, 27 November 2020.