Apprentice Diesel Fitter
Advertiser: Stawell Gold Mines Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2020
- Horsham & Grampians
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
Stawell Gold Mine is an underground gold mine located in Stawell; 236 km north-west of Melbourne. This historic region is known for its rich heritage in the exploration, discovery and production of gold.
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Diesel Fitter. This residential position will be permanent full-time engagement.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, you will:
• Health, safety & environment
• Undertake routine maintenance on the Mine’s Heavy Mobile Diesel Underground Fleet as directed by leading hand or supervisor
• Report any faults found
• Assist department in meeting KPI’s
• Undertake Trade School requirements
Skills and experience required:
• Minimum Year 10 pass at Secondary School
• Relevant VCAL studies or School Based Apprenticeship
• First Aid Level 2 - desirable
• Victorian Drivers License
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to follow instructions safely
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Working with diesel/mechanical equipment
• Experience working in a workshop environment
This residential role offers you excellent work life balance and real career growth prospect.
Please note that a medical assessment and police clearance will form part of the recruitment process.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.