Field Services Technician (electronic/electrical)
Advertiser: Identec SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
About the business
Are you positive, solution oriented, structured, a team player and like to travel? In that case, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS may be the right choice for you.
We are now looking for a Field Services Technician with drive and initiative, who is eager to learn, and who will be part of the Professional Services team in our Melbourne office.
IDENTEC SOLUTIONS is an exciting and innovative company with offices in Australia, Norway, Austria, and the United States that delivers RFID-based wireless solutions globally. Our industry-specific solutions are based on a robust wireless network used by the world's leading blue-chip companies in the Oil & Gas, Ports & Terminals, Automotive and Mining & Tunnelling industries and other harsh environments.
For more information on IDENTEC SOLUTIONS please see: Website , LinkedIn.
About the role
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position's main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, commission and maintain our proprietary hardware on heavy equipment in industrial environments
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot our software solutions and databases at customer sites
- Plan and conduct periodic maintenance on our solutions at customer sites
- Handle and resolve support requests from customers in accordance with internal procedures
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and advising customers on best practice and current business offerings
- Remotely support customers to diagnose and rectify hardware and software related issues
- Prepare training material and conduct relevant courses to raise customer self-sufficiencies
- Participate in the company's after-hours duty system for support staff
- Closely support the global customer service, project and development teams
Benefits and perks
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive salary and good career opportunities for the right candidate
- Travel opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- A positive and vibrant working environment with dedicated colleagues and global customers.
- A professional work environment with high levels of technical expertise and experience.
- Exciting projects and tasks, and a global customer base
- Laptop, phone, work-wear & tools provided
Skills and experience
Requisite skills or certifications
- Appropriate trade qualification(s) in an electronic, or electrical field, or similar
- General mechanical aptitude to install mechanical equipment: electrical cabinets, brackets and sensors in industrial environments
- Electronic/electrical skills: DC circuitry, RF, electronic test equipment, hook-up wire, multi-core cable, co-axial cable, soldering, N-Type/TNC/SMA connectors
- Physical capacity, applications include installations on ship to shore cranes and large gantry cranes requiring work at heights
- Communicate professionally with customers via online support system, telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Computer literacy and ability to use MS Office products as well as business specific applications
- Maritime Security Identification Card eligibility (subject to police and ASIO background checks)
- All applicants must have current Australian driver's licence, citizenship and/or Permanent Resident status or the application will not be considered.
Advantageous skills or certifications
- EWP licence
- Software solutions and SQL/database experience
- Understanding of GPS/GNSS, active RFID, PLC solutions and their applications
- IT knowledge including IP addressing, WLAN network topology, network security protocols, command prompt, RS232/RS422 serial protocols
- Foundational project management or collaborator knowledge or certification(s)
- Structured, detail oriented, eager to learn and accurate
- Team player and able to take initiative
- Able to work with customers autonomously and professionally in environments away from home
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time, domestically and internationally
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and excellent at dealing with customers
- Focused on safe, professional and efficient job performance
- Eager to learn, shows initiative
- Autonomous, pro-active, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve targets and deadlines
All candidates must include a cover-letter or the application will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires fault finding experience?
- Have you completed an electrical qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?