Advertiser: RSL Lifecare2.9512 out of 53.0 overall rating (41 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
About the Company
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW, ACT and Qld. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality nursing and personal care possible.
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and experienced Part time Catering Assistant to work in our Albert Moore Gardens Facility in Merimbula. The role will include assisting with the planning, cooking and preparation of the full range of meals and serving our residents meals and snacks as required whilst maintaining legislated food hygiene and safety practices. You will also be responsible for dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen, equipment and dining area. You will be available to work weekends as well as shifts during the week.
- Food Safety knowledge & experience in an Aged Care setting
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Experienced in cooking fresh meals
- Understanding of how to develop nutritious and wholesome food including the preparation of special meals – low salt, diabetic, soft and pureed.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced kitchen and or bulk food preparation
- Knowledge and experience in working to the compliance of the Food Safety Standards to HACCP level
- You will need your own reliable transport
You will receive:
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and development, and career progression
The successful candidate MUST undergo a National Criminal History Check, have a current flu vaccination and MUST hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Our commitment to diversity:
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability
Please note that due to the large number of applications only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.