Veteran Support Coordinator - Defence Care
Advertiser: RSL Lifecare2.9512 out of 53.0 overall rating (41 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
About RSL DefenceCare
RSL DefenceCare is a charity and not-for-profit organisation focused on helping Australian veterans and their families in times of injury, illness or crisis.
We are dedicated to meeting the unique needs, issues or concerns of Australian veterans and their families.
Our Veteran Services Team are on the front line, supporting the needs of our veterans and their families.
As part of our holistic approach to support, this role focuses on the wellbeing of veterans, building the skills and confidence required to optimise employment opportunities whilst ensuring all other aspects of the veterans wellness are addressed. Through established partnerships the veteran (and their family) will be linked to experienced practitioners and suitable programs that will benefit their overall physical and mental wellbeing.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with clients and employers.
- Manage client leads and respond to expressions of interest from client referrals.
- Prepare client support plans, maintain up to date client files/database, and work with clients on outcome-based approaches to their employment and wellbeing
- Work with the Veteran Support Manager to establish strong network relationships with Homeless service providers, medical professionals, state branch and other ESO Wellbeing practitioners, DVA, Open Arms and other agency staff.
- Promote the RSL Employment Program and veteran talent to employers using agreed frameworks.
- Assist NSW employers navigate the RSL Employment Program to seek veteran talent.
- Work with and utilise our own skilled teams to develop client support plans and connect clients to external supports as required to enhance veterans’ ongoing well-being.
- Identify program opportunities and assist in their development and implementation.
- Monitor and liaise with Health Care providers and DVA as required for the benefit of veterans.
We are seeking Veteran Support Coordinators with the following experience:
- Experience delivering high levels of client centred services
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience when dealing with sensitive information and cases
- A sound understanding of the Defence, ESO and Veteran culture/landscape and ability to navigate through the related agencies and Departments (desirable)
- Ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships both internally and externally to the RSL
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of planning and organisations skills with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Completion of or willingness to learn and gain Qualifications under the Advocacy Training and Development Program
- Previous complex case management experience (desirable)
- A team member who will uphold our values and complement our culture and way of working
Please select “Apply Now” and include your resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?