Adolescent and Family Counsellor
Advertiser: Ted Noffs Foundation3.3077 out of 53.3 overall rating (13 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
"Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australian become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians"
Type: Full Time
Location: Liverpool, NSW
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will provide outreach alcohol and drug related counselling to young people and, where appropriate, their families. A major aspect of this role is to assist young people to rebuild their relationships with their families and other significant people in their lives and to manage their lives more effectively.
This role will rotate between our outreach partner organisations and out of the Liverpool Street University, an innovative youth driven space that engages at risk young people through a range of educational, recreational, cultural and arts-based programs.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients.
- Provide individual counselling as required.
- Provide family counselling (or refer) and other relationship counselling as required.
- Provide individual case work support and referring to other parties as required.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, other service providers and families to ensure best service for the client.
- Create and manage effective referral pathways for clients to access the service.
- Arrange community networking for a young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Deliver case management services for young people as appropriate.
- Maintain client records, statistical records and provide reports as required.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways.
- Travel within Liverpool and other South Western Sydney areas providing AOD counselling services.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 10 and 25 years old.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Must hold and maintain a current Drivers Licence (Provisional Drivers Licence Minimum) and a cleared NSW Working With Children Check.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct counselling experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK which must include a Resume and a Cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications must be received by 22 November 2020.
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a counsellor?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.