Membership Retention and Engagement Specialist
Advertiser: RSL QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in surprising and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery funding us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
About the role
This brand new position, reporting to the Head of Membership has been created to develop enduring relationships with 10 District offices and over 240 Sub Branches across Queensland. There are 4 permanent, full-time positions available and each will look after their own region.
This hands-on role will seek to understand the membership opportunities and unique challenges experienced at a sub-branch level, and work with them to ensure solutions provided have our Member (the Veteran) at its core. The role will be responsible for:
- Supporting and growing the membership of Sub Branches to maximise member engagement and experience
- Driving the improvement of member experience and engagement through member first practices
- Support community engagement activities to drive an increase in membership and raise the profile of RSL Queensland
- Work collaboratively with Sub Branches to design a framework to educate and enhance the capability of Sub Branches to deliver member first principles
This role will rely heavily on previous experience in growing and retaining members/donors/customers, as well as an understanding of their customer journey and creating the best possible experience. Core to its success will be the ability to affect cultural and operational change through your ability to build relationships.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in community engagement, business, management, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience in a related discipline
- 5-7+ years’ experience leading customer/membership services in a customer centric environment
- Experience in community engagement or other community-based activities
- Expert in customer experience and service improvement
- Experience in a Not-for-Profit or Membership based organisation desirable
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence decision makers in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose, resolve and communicate complex problems
- Experience in driving culture change and change more broadly
- Extensive experience in developing and strengthening stakeholder engagement through trust
- Demonstrable success in a customer service environment focussed on customer engagement and experience
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in a client services / account management role?