Senior Forester, Community Forestry
Advertiser: VicForests4.6667 out of 54.7 overall rating (3 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2020
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
VicForests is a Victorian State-owned business responsible for the sustainable harvest, regeneration and commercial sale of timber from Victoria's public forests on behalf of the Victorian Government.
We undertake all our operations in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner, keeping our staff, the community and the environment in mind in all we do. We are an active member of the communities in which we operate, and we are committed to giving stakeholders the opportunity to have input into our forestry practices.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Forester to join our Community Forestry division based in Ballarat.
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Manager, West (Community Forestry); you will be responsible for managing a small team of Foresters working in offices across Western Victoria; also, you will be responsible for monitoring field operations and/or planning completed by the Community Forestry team.
This position is a two (2) year fixed term role at a Career Level 5.
- A proven track record in delivering operational outcomes
- Experience in managing, developing, and mentoring team members and teams
- Experienced working within a forestry or natural resource management business
- Appropriate degree or equivalent post graduate qualification in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or a related field
- Ability to develop plans to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Experience in developing long term plans and project management
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Physical fitness to enable effective completion of field-based work
- Current Manual Victorian Drivers Licence with ability to travel
- Excellent communication and people management skills
Benefits & Culture:
- A highly supportive environment with accessible management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular training and professional development opportunities
- Health insurance discount
You will be part of an innovative and creative organisation that strives to achieve success through implementing sustainable forest management practices and initiatives to support our valuable customers and stakeholders.
Applications close COB Wednesday, 25 November 2020
To apply please click on the “Apply” button to upload your most current CV and cover letter
VicForests is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
Safe • Customer Focussed • Professional • Sustainable • Respect
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?