Disability Support Worker
Advertiser: Uniting WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Nov 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- $27.81 p/hour (Part-time)$34.77 p/hour (Casual)
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We’re looking for open-minded, adaptable people with a passion for supporting people to live their best life to join the Uniting Individualised Services team. We’ve got exciting opportunities for experienced Disability Support Workers to service all suburbs within the south metro area.
You’ll support people with disability and psychosocial disability to access their local community and live independently in their homes through Supported Independent Living and Community Access support.
Salary packaging, extra annual leave and paid parental leave are just some of the reasons to apply. You’ll also be joining a supportive team with big ideas and a good sense of humour.
We want people with initiative and flair to help shape the future of services and provide even better outcomes for the people we support. Qualifications and experience are important too (see below), but we're looking for people who bring their personality and unique energy to the team, so please feel free to show us that in your application.
You're going to love this job because you’re:
- Someone who believes in person-centred support
- A doer who thrives when you’re working alone, or with a team
- Inspired to work for an organisation with big plans for the future
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed, grounded and real
- The type to have a bit of fun at work (you're our kind of person).
And you have (the bits HR told us to add):
- A qualification in Community Services, Disability, Individualised Support or significant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary person-centred, strength-based practice and its application in the area of disability and/or mental health.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Current First Aid, Medication Administration and Manual Handling Certificates or the willingness to obtain them if you’re successful
- Valid C class WA driver's licence, your own reliable vehicle and willingness to transport people you support in it
- National police clearance (dated within 6 months) or the ability to get one
- Working with Children Check or the ability to obtain one
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module
Working with Uniting.
A few reasons you might like to join the team:
- Extra annual leave
- Boost your take home pay with salary packaging
- Generous long-service leave
- A great team environment.
At Uniting, we exist to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We act with impact. We work to address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, and we stand for a just society where individuals and communities are valued and connected.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We’re a not-for-profit community services organisation of the Uniting Church Western Australia and part of the UnitingCare Australia network.
We’re bold and respectful, compassionate and imaginative. And we’ll support you to belong and thrive.
We value social and cultural diversity, and we’re committed to a safe workplace. We strongly encourage applications from First Peoples, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
How to apply
Please apply by providing a resume and a covering letter that indicates your availability, and your preference for a part-time or casual position via SEEK.
A position description with more detail is available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Please indicate which of the following certificates you currently hold - First Aid ((HLTAID003), CPR (HLTAID001), Manual Handling, Medication Administration.
- Have you completed the NDIS Worker Orientation Module?
- Please indicate your preference for casual or part time, north, south or central Metro and your availability.