Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2020
- Devonport & North West
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
Do you like a good challenge and the idea of joining a passionate team? We have a rewarding opportunity for you at our Burnie facility on a casual basis.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for delivering and servicing accurate and quality results to all stakeholders and driving site performance to the highest standards in the areas of Quality Assurance and key deliverables.
- Perform testing across a variety of Labs, Microbiology, Chemistry and Milk.
- Responsible for data entry and reporting of lab results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) to ensure delivery of quality technical service to all stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy of testing by adhering to GLP and established Laboratory Methods.
- Participation in the Laboratory Proficiency testing program.
- Participate in Process Improvement programs that form part of MEX, such as Focused Improvement.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the Laboratory Management System and supporting documentation to align with NATA standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Technology, Microbiology or Chemistry are highly desirable.
- Certificate in Laboratory Skills/Techniques an advantage.
- Previous Exposure to ISO17025 and NATA experience
- Experience in improvement methodologies and approaches (MEX, Lean or Six Sigma) an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong action orientation to deliver accurate outcomes to tight timelines.
- The ability to think proactively and independently
In addition to the above, the successful applicant with also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive remuneration
- Learning and development on the job
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their families.
Applications close Friday 27th November 22020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?