Early Childhood Teacher
Advertiser: Koala Cottage Child CareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Come and join a great team culture where you play an integral role in shaping how we influence the lives of children at our Koala Cottage Childcare Centre based in Willoughby.
We are currently seeking an Early Childhood Teacher (or WT), who is passionate about early childhood education and care and has experience in the sector.
Our Educators build and maintain positive relationships with children, families and the local community and most importantly you will make a difference to the lives of the children in our care.
This role will see you inspiring the programs while ensuring a safe and stimulating learning environment. As an ECT your role will entail:
- Building positive and caring relationships with the children and their families
- Applying your pedagogical knowledge and expertise to ensure the individual needs of all children are met
- Observing, documenting, interpreting and evaluating the children's progress,
- Keeping informed about the NQF, NQS and the current National Regulations plus current thinking, research and practice while implementing the EYLF
- Create inspiring, interesting and age appropriate learning environments
- Complying with the relevant government regulations
- Meet and exceed the individual needs of each child in all areas of their development
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Create a supportive, stimulating and secure learning environment for the children
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Education/Teaching (Early Childhood) or currently Working Towards
- Passion for early childhood education
- Skills to lead other educators, motivating them to excel as you deliver care and educational programs
- A strong understanding of the EYLF and NQS
- Current First Aid
- Current Anaphylaxis training
- Current CPR Training
- Child Protection Certificate
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Looking for a new challenge
- Place children at the heart of their decision making
- Ready to take their career to the next level
- You are exceeding in their practice
- Have a lifelong love of learning and want to pass that onto children
- “Can do” attitude
- You are curious about the world and how to bring it into each child’s life
What we offer you:
- Above award wages
- Focus on professional development
- Ongoing training provided
- Staff mentoring program
- Staff incentive and recognition programs
- Fantastic career opportunities
Don't miss this opportunity if you’re looking to work for an organisation which offers a professional and supportive culture which HIGHLY values developing our employee's careers and future success in childcare.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click the apply now button or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?