Behaviour Support Practitioner
Advertiser: Interchange Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- SCHADS award Level 3-4
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
We believe: Everyone belongs
For almost 30 years, Interchange has supported West Australians with disability to achieve their goals through individualized, local community-based support. Our belief is that everyone belongs, and our passion is to help people to continue to grow and flourish in their home and community.
What we are looking for
We are not fixed on where or when you rock this role. The prime focus is to use your Positive Behaviour Support experience to evaluate, develop and deliver evidence based support plans within a complex support space. Meaning this could be fulfilled online (national) or in Perth. As we develop interim plans this role will be flexible and have the luxury of adapting to your current situation. Covering complex disabilities, health needs and challenging behaviours this role will ensure individual plans reflect our customers passions, interests and promotes their quality of life. Whilst doing so you will also build the knowledge, capacity and strengths of all those that are important to the customer and provide support.
You will be regarded as an expert in PBS, being an advocate and role model for best practice. This role will also play a huge part in our Interchange Restrictive Practice Committee.
What we value:
Working at Interchange we focus on finding individuals who are passionate about putting people at the centre of everything they do, and share our values of:
- Individuality – valuing people, staff, partners and services
- Respect – valuing choice, culture and diversity
- Empowerment – valuing abilities, goals and learning
- Belonging – valuing relationships and shared places
What we offer:
Along with providing a supportive, flexible and encouraging work environment we offer a wide range of benefits, that includes:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development
- Rewarding career and growth opportunities
- Employee referral incentives
- Discounted benefits and memberships
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What is essential to this role:
- Relevant qualification in allied health or social care and eligibility to register with the relevant membership body
- Eligible to be registered with the NDIA National Quality & Safeguarding Commission as a proficient PBS Practitioner
- Demonstrated experience working with people with complex needs and challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience in developing & delivering positive behaviour support plans & training to staff and other key stakeholders
- Current National Police Clearance
Working at Interchange allows you the opportunity to use your talents to make a positive and meaningful difference to the personal lives of our clients.
Interested? To find out more about Interchange visit our website at www.interchangewa.org.au
To apply for this position please click on apply.
Diversity and Inclusion
Interchange is an inclusive employer and we celebrate our diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people and from people of all ages.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes unless requested.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?