Advertiser: Channel 31 MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Other
The Technical Manager is a key member of the Broadcast Operations team, ensuring that all technical infrastructure key to the broadcast and operations (including networking, transmission, playout, file storage and studio) of Channel 31 (Digital 44) are well maintained, and new opportunities are explored to further refine and enhance the presence of the station and its producers.
12 month contract (with a view to transitioning into full time in 2021), 3 days (24 hours) per week - including super.
• Collaborate with the Operations Manager to maintain and enhance IT systems and networking infrastructure
• Provide support for staff working with the stations IT systems
• Have a working knowledge of play-out, transmission pathways and associated technologies to support work on transmission sites at Mount Dandenong and Como
• Manage incoming and outgoing signals to/from C31 Presentation
• Assist with the coordination of all Ingest, Presentation, Office and Studio Equipment upgrades, repairs and maintenance
• Ensure the safe operation of the studio, and provide training to new Studio Technicians and studio users where required
• Communicate with studio users about changes to studio equipment availability
• Keep informed of future developments in the areas of digital broadcasting, play-out and capture/compression technologies
• Supervise program archival processes, and regular backup of station file storage
• Prepare and run training programs for Ingest volunteers and producers
• Regular monitoring of the Channel 31 TV service to ensure correct play-out
• 2+ years’ experience in an IT or Technical role
• Proven experience in managing and meeting tight deadlines
• Strong understanding of video compression and television broadcast standards
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous administration or management experience
C31 Melbourne and Geelong (the Melbourne Community Television Consortium [link removed]) is Victoria's not-for-profit community television service providing locally-based entertainment, education and information. C31 provides access and representation to the many diverse communities within Victoria. You can find faces, voices and issues which are not present in mainstream television.
We broadcast over 90 new locally-made programs every week. These programs are produced by community television volunteers and independent television makers.
What is Community TV?
Community Television is a not-for-profit media resource providing local and diverse communities access to television broadcasting, and presenting news and issues not covered by commercial or government funded stations.
The Community Television Sector in Australia is vibrant and diverse, with television stations in Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth.
Every week around 4000 volunteers participate in creating content for Community TV
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How many years of digital production experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?