Patient Services Assistant
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Environmental Services
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180-bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
We aim to promote and provide a work environment that embraces a culture of continuous improvement and encourages professional development to support staff to maximise their growth potential.
About the Role:
As a Patient Services Assistant you will be required to perform a range of duties in all areas of the hospital to support patient care activities including cleaning and housekeeping, food and beverage, transporting and couriering and ward and patient support.
You will be required to work effectively with limited supervision, ensuring you prioritise and complete tasks to a safe and high standard.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Cleaning and housekeeping internal and external
- Transporting patients between wards, departments, theatre's, transporting equipment
- Ward support, pathology support.
- Patient Support of assisting in lifting / moving patients.
- Attendance to security calls may be required.
To be successful in the role as a Patient Services Assistant you will need to demonstrate the ability to be caring and compassionate to a diverse range of individuals. This role requires you to use initiative, be enthusiastic, highly motivated and possess a friendly and courteous manner about you. You will demonstrate that you have a high level of effective communication and interpersonal skills. A high standard of integrity and confidentiality is essential.
The successful applicant will need to be available for shift work including morning, afternoon and night shifts, as rostered. Previous cleaning experience in Hospital or commercial operations is highly desired.
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Collaborative and innovative team environment
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
Position Closes: Sunday 29 November 2020
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description please contact the People and Culture Team on email@example.com
Further information regarding the Hospital @ www.mbph.org.au
Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?