Team Lead Systems Administration
Advertiser: Blue Crystal Solutions Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Blue Crystal Solutions is a trusted and respected leader in cloud, database and application services throughout Australia. Our depth of knowledge in these fields enables us to deliver unrivalled value to our customers.
We are building a new capability within our organisation to enable us to expand our services in the area of IT system administration, encompassing both on premise and cloud based infrastructure.
About the roles
Blue Crystal Solutions is continuing to grow and we are looking for an experienced Technical Team Lead to join our Adelaide based team. We are interested to hear from passionate and motivated individuals with exceptional leadership skills coupled with strong technical ability.
We expect any new addition to our team to demonstrate our core values: Leadership, Teamwork, Responsibility and Innovation.
- Lead a team of system administrators and undertake planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting of team activities as well as hands on technical tasks
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Attend regular operation meetings with customer representatives.
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodology in a 24x7 operational support environment.
- Maintenance of infrastructure components including, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Respond to issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers and associated infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis and technical support in accordance with established processes.
- Perform routine/scheduled system audits, backups, patch upgrades etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a team leadership role ideally in a fast paced operational support environment.
- Experience working in an ITIL based service management structure with an in-depth understanding of incident, problem, change and request management.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, meeting established deadlines and resolving staff/technical/operational issues.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with positive attitude and energy.
- Problem-solving skills with analytical and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience with management, provisioning, supporting and patching Windows and Unix servers, storage and associated infrastructure.
- Experience with virtualisation (e.g. VMWare), operating systems administration (Unix/Linux, Windows), backup and recovery tools (e.g. NetBackup), system performance and monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, SolarWinds), access management and directory services (e.g. Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Access Management, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Web Application Proxy).
- Experience with Application Servers (e.g. Oracle WebLogic Server, Microsoft IIS Server).
- Professional certifications in related technical fields are highly desirable.
What we offer
We offer rewarding opportunities for proactive technology professionals, blending a social environment of highly skilled and dynamic people. We place a high importance on regular staff social events to drive a collaborative and inclusive culture.
Key rewards and benefits for our people:
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Training and development investment
- Achiever of the month awards
We offer flexible work arrangements that promote our people's wellbeing and opportunities to drive innovation and thought leadership.
Permanent Australian residency is essential.
If you feel your skills and experience match the above criteria, please send your resume to email@example.com
For more information about Blue Crystal Solutions, see our website at: http://www.bluecrystal.com.au