Safety Improvements - Plant Engineer
Advertiser: Trafalgar GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Trafalgar is a proud Australian Manufacturer of sheet metal and metal fabricated products and systems.
The Quality and Safety Engineer will work closely with Senior Management, our external Safety & Quality Consultants, the Plant Engineers and the Plant Managers at Granville and Ingleburn factories.
Acquisitions have seen us add new factories and we want to improve our systems and implement improved Quality Assurance and Safety Management systems for these facilities.
We are working for an experience person with demonstrated experience in implementing and maintaining ISO9001 & ISO45001 systems.
Responsibilities include :
- Documentation of safe operating procedures for factory processes
- Improvement suggestions for safer work methods
- Working with plant engineers to implement safer work methods
- Training of operators of machinery
- Maintenance of SkyTRUST software
- Liaise with Safety Consultant for ongoing audits
- Review near misses and find root causes and help implement remedial actions
- Report on activities of safety committees and workshops
- Help implement and maintain ISO45001 accreditation systems
- Document work instructions for different operations
- Make improvement suggestions
- Develop and improve Quality Assurance Manual
- Training off staff in operation of the Quality System
- Liaise with Quality Consultant for ongoing audits
- Help implement and maintain ISO9001 accreditation systems
The right candidate will :
- Be a great communicator and be able to work across multiple areas of the business
- Be very organised and able to create an overall plan and prioritise multiple task
- Be a fun, hard working and friendly person to add value to the existing culture
- Be good at technical documentation and reporting on progress
- Have the confidence and experience to work with senior management and factory staff
- Have an Engineering degree or other relevant qualifications
- Have experience developing and maintaining ISO9001 Quality Systems
- Have experience developing and maintaining ISO45001 Safety Systems
- Have previous experience in a factory environment
The role is based in Granville.
If you have the relevant experience, please apply by uploading your CV in MS Word format.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a quality assurance (QA) role?
- How many years' experience do you have in a quality control (QC) role?